How can I manage stressors in my life?

You can learn to manage how you respond to stressors through relaxation, meditation, some forms of psychotherapy and exercise, among other methods. However, you can also work to reduce the stressors in your life, such as learning to say no to some commitments, simplifying your life or leaving a bad job or relationship. Sometimes techniques that you undertake to reduce your stress response and improve coping (for example, meditation and psychotherapy) can lead you to choose to reduce the stressors in your life because you begin to see more clearly what needs to change.

Continue Learning about Stress

Call on Your Smartphone to Reduce Stress
Next time somebody tells you, "My smartphone is stressing me out!" -- the e-mails, the 24/7 social networking, the constant beep of incoming text mess...
How can I use visualization to relieve stress?
Everyone can benefit from using the techniques of visualization and guided imagery to bring the mind...
I Deleted My Instagram—Plus 7 Other Things That Calmed Me Down
I Deleted My Instagram—Plus 7 Other Things That Calmed Me DownI Deleted My Instagram—Plus 7 Other Things That Calmed Me DownI Deleted My Instagram—Plus 7 Other Things That Calmed Me DownI Deleted My Instagram—Plus 7 Other Things That Calmed Me Down
I never realized how anxious I was until my phone analyzed the stress in my voice.
How Does Stress Affect Our Self-Control When It Comes to Eating?