How can I avoid stress from media?

Ruth White, MPH
Social Work
Plan a tune-out day to de-stress. On your tune-out day you turn off the phone, TV, computer, and radio. Ignore the newspaper, because everything in it has already happened. We spend so much time taking in information and being bombarded with ideas and thoughts that aren't our own that sometimes we need to turn off the outside noise to hear ourselves and give our brains some time to recover from the stress of the media onslaught.
Bipolar 101: A Practical Guide to Identifying Triggers, Managing Medications, Coping with Symptoms, and More

After receiving a bipolar diagnosis, you need clear answers. Bipolar 101 is a straightforward guide to understanding bipolar disorder. It includes all the information you need to control your...

Continue Learning about Stress

Less Clutter, Less Stress
Less Clutter, Less Stress
Jane and I usually have lunch after yoga class on Saturdays. Recently, she politely excused herself and told me how excited she was to continue declut...
What causes stress during bereavement?
Michael E. Hirsch, MDMichael E. Hirsch, MD
Stress can skyrocket during bereavement. The massive adjustments to change demanded of you can repea...
7 Ways Stress Can Harm Your Body
7 Ways Stress Can Harm Your Body7 Ways Stress Can Harm Your Body7 Ways Stress Can Harm Your Body7 Ways Stress Can Harm Your Body
Stress isn't just bad for your mental health—it can harm your physical health as well. Learn how, plus smart strategies to help you take control.
How Can Worrying Affect My Health?
How Can Worrying Affect My Health?