High stress levels has been linked to exfoliative cheilitis. This type of cheilitis can be caused by excessive biting or picking of the lips. It is most common in young, emotional women with high stress levels. They bite or pick their lips out of nervous habit, leading to an outbreak of exfoliative cheilitis.
- Q What is chronic stress?
- Q Does workplace stress damage my life?
- Q What is the link between stress and bipolar disorder?
- Q What can I do when my partner and I are both dealing with stress?
- Q What are the stages of stress?
- Q What are common reactions to stress in young teens?