Can high stress levels cause cheilitis?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

High stress levels has been linked to exfoliative cheilitis. This type of cheilitis can be caused by excessive biting or picking of the lips. It is most common in young, emotional women with high stress levels. They bite or pick their lips out of nervous habit, leading to an outbreak of exfoliative cheilitis.

Continue Learning about Stress

5 Ways to Stop Holiday Stress
5 Ways to Stop Holiday Stress5 Ways to Stop Holiday Stress5 Ways to Stop Holiday Stress5 Ways to Stop Holiday Stress
These five tips can help you avoid a holiday meltdown. Christmas and New Year’s are days away – and if you’ve got in-laws coming, cookies to bake, mor...
Deal With Financial Stress to Lose Weight
What Can I Do Every Day to Remain Centered?
How Can Being Organized Help Combat Stress?