Can high stress levels cause cheilitis?

High stress levels has been linked to exfoliative cheilitis. This type of cheilitis can be caused by excessive biting or picking of the lips. It is most common in young, emotional women with high stress levels. They bite or pick their lips out of nervous habit, leading to an outbreak of exfoliative cheilitis.

Continue Learning about Stress

How to Recharge When Burned Out from Work Stress
Cell phone battery isn't the only thing that always seems to burn out when you need it most. Check your own energy reserves. Thanks to the economy's f...
How can owning a pet help relieve stress?
UCLA Health People Animal Connection (PAC) ProgramUCLA Health People Animal Connection (PAC) Program
The stress-related hormone epinephrine has been shown to be reduced in people who own a pet. Also, h...
10 Healthy Ways to Handle Excess Stress
10 Healthy Ways to Handle Excess Stress10 Healthy Ways to Handle Excess Stress10 Healthy Ways to Handle Excess Stress10 Healthy Ways to Handle Excess Stress
From exercise to meditation, here are 10 ways to manage unchecked stress.
What Can I Do Every Day to Remain Centered?