What are some of the health risks of stress?

You don't have to be an MD to know that stress can cause headaches, sleep problems, appetite problems (too much usually, but too little, also), and other psychological problems like depression and anxiety. That's not even considering the fact work stress has been linked to gastrointestinal problems, hormonal problems, immune problems, an increased risk of stress health risks, stress side effects, stress causes psychological problems, metabolic syndrome(that's obesity, high blood pressure, high lousy and low healthy cholesterol levels, and high blood sugar), as well as a six-fold higher risk of having a heart attack.

YOU: Being Beautiful: The Owner's Manual to Inner and Outer Beauty

Most people think that beauty revolves around such things as lipstick, sweet eyes, or skinny jeans -- all those things that we can see (and obsess over) in the mirror. But the fact is that beauty...

Continue Learning about Stress

How is chronic stress diagnosed?
Dr. Kathleen HallDr. Kathleen Hall
With emerging technology and science we are beginning to understand how chronic stress affects e...
How stressed are college students?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
According to the latest statistics from university counseling centers, stress and pressure in ou...
What Can I Do Every Day to Remain Centered?
How Important Is Managing Stress?
How Important Is Managing Stress?