How can I handle the stress of work and my personal life?

Taking a break from the everyday grind of your work-personal life is so important to do. Whether you arrange a month holiday or grab a few hours away from it all, your well-being will thank you for it. Science shows that those who take regular breaks from work-personal life have lower levels of emotional stress and less physical illness. Those who take vacations also sleep better. Taking time away, even if it's just for a day, can help stave off emotional burnout. When you unplug from the daily grind, your renew your senses and reconnect with other meaningful experiences.

Continue Learning about Stress

Why City Dwellers Need a Stress-busting Dose of Nature
The 1988 movie The Great Outdoors is a slapstick tale about a series of disasters that befall a family getaway planned by Chet (John Candy) and his br...
What are common reactions to stress in young teens?
Young teens have different ways of reacting to stress. Some common ones are increased irritabili...
8 Stress Relief Tricks ER Doctors Swear By
8 Stress Relief Tricks ER Doctors Swear By8 Stress Relief Tricks ER Doctors Swear By8 Stress Relief Tricks ER Doctors Swear By8 Stress Relief Tricks ER Doctors Swear By
Try these expert-approved tips the next time you're feeling overwhelmed.
Can Happiness Improve Your Health?
Can Happiness Improve Your Health?