How can I give myself a massage to reduce stress?

Stress can damage every part of your body and lead to chronic disease. Many people, especially women, hold stress and tension in their head and in their face. Here’s a massage you can actually perform on yourself to fight stress:

• Position both hands as if you were giving 2 thumbs-up. Reposition your thumbs-up horizontally and place your thumbs, on the sides of the bridge of your nose, beneath your brow bone. Press firmly for 8-10 seconds, and breathe.
  • Then place your thumbs and index fingers slightly above and on the opposite ends of your eyebrows. Gently squeeze for 8-10 seconds and breathe.

5 Surprising Ways to Live Longer in Under a Minute:

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/5-surprising-ways-live-longer-under-minute

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com
Ben Kaminsky
Dermatology
You don’t have to get a professional massage to benefit from touch therapy. If you have tension in jaw, neck or shoulders, you can massage these areas gently with your fingertips to ease tight muscles and decrease stiffness.

l. Use your favorite massage oil or cream. Take a few drops of the oil in your hand, and gently touch the back of your neck, about two inches below the hairline with your fingertips, rubbing the oil into the skin.

2. As you make contact with the skin, start using a circular motion with your fingertips, gently moving up and down the neck.

3. Work outward down the side of the neck to your shoulders, continuing the gentle circular motion.

4. Squeeze your shoulders with your hand, one at a time, using the opposite hand. Then using long, stroking motions, gently sweep the skin from the neck to the shoulder and down to the elbow.

5. If you suffer with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, gently massage the wrist and thumb area to release tension.
Beyond Botox: 7 Strategies for Sexy, Ageless Skin Without Needles or Surgery

Sexy and ageless skin is possible for a woman at any age--and she doesn't have to resort to invasive treatments like Botox to get it-as long as she cares for her skin properly, says Ben Kaminsky,...

Continue Learning about Stress

5 Surprising Ways Stress Can Land You in the ER
Didn’t think stress itself could lead to an ER visit? You’d be surprised. As an ER doctor, I frequently see patients with medical problems triggered b...
How can the Slow Medicine Wheel of Health help me manage stress?
Michael B. Finkelstein, MDMichael B. Finkelstein, MD
To help manage stress, the Slow Medicine Wheel of Health suggests seven areas that need to be touche...
5 Surprising Ways You Are Stressing Yourself Out
5 Surprising Ways You Are Stressing Yourself Out5 Surprising Ways You Are Stressing Yourself Out5 Surprising Ways You Are Stressing Yourself Out5 Surprising Ways You Are Stressing Yourself Out
Stress is a normal part of life—but some is within your control. Find out which habits—an unhealthy diet, skimping on sleep—cause stress overload.
Can Marital Stress Make Me Sick?
Can Marital Stress Make Me Sick?