How can I evaluate my child's stress?

When a child is experiencing difficulties coping with stress, he or she is likely to show changes in physical appearance, mood, and behavior. Physical changes include stomachache, headache, issues sleeping, trouble eating, and low energy. Emotional changes include nervousness, anxiety, loss of enthusiasm about things he or she used to enjoy, anger or hostility towards peers, shyness or withdrawal, and feelings of helplessness and hopelessness. Being able to recognize the signs of stress is an important skill for parents, teachers, and healthcare professionals.

Continue Learning about Stress

Is Your Stress Harming Your Health?
Is Your Stress Harming Your Health?
We know that smoking and distracted driving can post serious health risks, but could stress be dangerous too? Everyone feels stress from time to time....
How can a regular routine help me cope with stress?
Dr. John Preston, PsyDDr. John Preston, PsyD
Structure and routine reduce stress because your body goes into automatic pilot. For example, many p...
Is Stress Good or Bad for Athletes?
Is Stress Good or Bad for Athletes?
How Does Early Trauma in Childhood Affect Health?