Should I talk to a doctor about my strep throat symptoms?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD
Strep throat will need medical treatment to keep it from turning into a more serious illness, like rheumatic fever (inflammatory disease). Contact your doctor if you are showing signs of strep. Since strep throat may seem like a viral illness on the surface, your doctor will want to confirm the diagnosis with laboratory tests such as a throat swab or culture.

Continue Learning about Strep Throat

How is strep throat spread?
Strep throat is a highly contagious infection (spreading easily) caused by Streptococcal bacteria. T...
How do I manage my strep throat?
If you have strep throat, make sure you take the antibiotics your doctor prescribed according to the...
What can I do to help prevent strep throat?
To prevent spreading strep throat, avoid sharing cups, utensils and toothbrushes with others. Good h...
How to Prevent and Treat Strep Throat
How to Prevent and Treat Strep Throat