Why should I do strength training with a qualified coach?

Strength training with a coach will ensure that you keep good form and are challenged while you are working out. Good form is critical for safety and effectiveness, and constantly challenging your body will help to get you results!

Grant Cooper, MD
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Every person's body responds differently to different exercises, and your training needs will change as your body begins to respond to different exercises and your muscles develop. Strength training is an evolving process that works best when you have a qualified coach. Muscles get used to certain exercises, and you have to surprise them with different, new exercises if you want them to respond optimally.
The Arthritis Handbook: Improve Your Health and Manage the Pain of Osteoarthritis (A DiaMedica Guide to Optimum Wellness)

According to conventional wisdom, arthritis pain is an inevitable part of aging. Not so, says Dr. Grant Cooper in this practical, accessible guide. For those who do develop osteoarthritic conditions,...

Having a qualified coach will be very beneficial and will help reduce the risk of injury. Most anyone can lace up their shoes and go for a walk. However, many of us are unfamiliar with strength training exercises. If you are new to strength training then having assist will be to your advantage. You will be able to learn from a qualified coach and they will be able to guide you safely and effectively. In addition, they will be able to provide a program based on your needs which will truly benefit your entire body.

Continue Learning about Strength Training & Exercise

4 Reasons to Strength Train as You Age
4 Reasons to Strength Train as You Age
Regular exercise is vital to health at any age, but especially as we get older—and become more prone to joint and muscle stiffness, and orthopedic inj...
What are the benefits of weight training if I have multiple sclerosis (MS)?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
There is some research showing that weight training may be able to help with endurance in some peopl...
Easy At-Work Exercises for Nurses
Easy At-Work Exercises for NursesEasy At-Work Exercises for NursesEasy At-Work Exercises for NursesEasy At-Work Exercises for Nurses
No time for the gym? Tone trouble spots during your shift with these moves. At the end of a long shift, hitting the gym may sound like the last thing ...
How Can I Perform Strength Training Exercises Safely?