Where can I learn about strength training exercises?

Grant Cooper, MD
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
A good book on strength training exercises should give you the information you need to open a meaningful dialogue with your physician, physical therapist, and/or trainer. By having a basic understanding of the principles involved in strength training and some core exercises, you can engage your doctor and/or trainer much more easily in a discussion of what exercises are right for you.
The Arthritis Handbook: Improve Your Health and Manage the Pain of Osteoarthritis (A DiaMedica Guide to Optimum Wellness)

According to conventional wisdom, arthritis pain is an inevitable part of aging. Not so, says Dr. Grant Cooper in this practical, accessible guide. For those who do develop osteoarthritic conditions,...
The best place in my opinion to learn about strength training exercise will be from a certified professional.  Be sure this professional has a certification from an accredited program and/or has a degree in the field.  The internet is another source but everyone has access to the internet so you should be careful as to what advice you choose to follow.

Continue Learning about Strength Training & Exercise

Strength Training Without Injury
Strength Training Without Injury
Since Arnold Schwarzenegger flaunted his bulging biceps and quads in the 1977 docudrama "Pumping Iron," the rule of thigh (if not thumb) has been that...
How do I strengthen my lower abs?
A great exercise to strengthen the lower abs is the knee-up.  Perform the knee-up by following the t...
Easy At-Work Exercises for Nurses
Easy At-Work Exercises for NursesEasy At-Work Exercises for NursesEasy At-Work Exercises for NursesEasy At-Work Exercises for Nurses
No time for the gym? Tone trouble spots during your shift with these moves.
Keep These Limbs and Joints Strong
Keep These Limbs and Joints Strong