Where can I learn about strength training exercises?

The best place in my opinion to learn about strength training exercise will be from a certified professional.  Be sure this professional has a certification from an accredited program and/or has a degree in the field.  The internet is another source but everyone has access to the internet so you should be careful as to what advice you choose to follow.
Grant Cooper, MD
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
A good book on strength training exercises should give you the information you need to open a meaningful dialogue with your physician, physical therapist, and/or trainer. By having a basic understanding of the principles involved in strength training and some core exercises, you can engage your doctor and/or trainer much more easily in a discussion of what exercises are right for you.
The Arthritis Handbook: Improve Your Health and Manage the Pain of Osteoarthritis (A DiaMedica Guide to Optimum Wellness)

According to conventional wisdom, arthritis pain is an inevitable part of aging. Not so, says Dr. Grant Cooper in this practical, accessible guide. For those who do develop osteoarthritic conditions,...

Continue Learning about Strength Training & Exercise

6 Reasons Why Women Should Weight Train
6 Reasons Why Women Should Weight Train
When we think of muscles, we think of Popeye, not twiggy Olive Oyl. But building and maintaining muscle mass is even more important for women. We all ...
What are good strength-training guidelines?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
The following are guidelines for strength training: How often: 2 to 3 days per week, with a day ...
How can I strengthen my calf muscles?
To strengthen your calf muscles and ankles, do heel raises:Start by standing up straight with your f...
The Right Way to Lift Weights
The Right Way to Lift Weights