What is weighted walking in weight training?

Weighted walking targets the legs. To do it, grasp a heavy dumbbell in each hand. (This will also stregthen your grip.) Keep your head up, your shoulders back and a natural curve in your lower back. Walk around holding the weights, taking reasonably large steps. Do this for 60 seconds to complete one set.

Continue Learning about Strength Training & Exercise

4 Reasons to Strength Train as You Age
4 Reasons to Strength Train as You Age
Regular exercise is vital to health at any age, but especially as we get older—and become more prone to joint and muscle stiffness, and orthopedic inj...
How do I perform strengthening exercises?
Ben KaminskyBen Kaminsky
For a strengthening workout, start with a weight that can be easily lifted 10 times, with the last t...
Easy At-Work Exercises for Nurses
Easy At-Work Exercises for NursesEasy At-Work Exercises for NursesEasy At-Work Exercises for NursesEasy At-Work Exercises for Nurses
No time for the gym? Tone trouble spots during your shift with these moves. At the end of a long shift, hitting the gym may sound like the last thing ...
How Can I Perform Strength Training Exercises Safely?