What are the benefits of adding chains to my workout?

Chains increase the amount of weight lifted while performing the concentric or “up” portion of a lift. For example as you stand up out of a squat, more of the chain will be lifted off the floor increasing the total amount of weight being lifted. Since most people tend to be weakest during the concentric portion of a lift, chains help improve concentric strength.

Continue Learning about Strength Training & Exercise

What are the benefits of weight training if I have multiple sclerosis (MS)?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
There is some research showing that weight training may be able to help with endurance in some peopl...
How many exercises total do I need to do when working on strength?
You need to do a total of 1-4 exercises per body part depending on individual ability level. The beg...
How often should I do shoulder-strengthening exercises?
Rick OldermanRick Olderman
Just a little bit of strengthening will effect a positive change. Quality is more important than qua...
What strengthening exercises can help correct a twisted thigh bone?
Rick OldermanRick Olderman
Sometimes our thigh bones are more or less twisted than the norm. If one or both are twisted inward ...