What are advanced core strength training exercises?

If you are advanced then you surely know about planks, side planks, and bridges.  A great way to advance these already challenging exercises will be to do the following:

• Planks – While in the plank position, lift one leg and hold.  This will require additional balance and stability which will make your abdominals work just a little harder, be sure to switch legs.  Want more?  Take your feet and have them wider then shoulder width, take on arm and extend it, lining it up with your ear!  If you find this to be easy then please contact me so I can make it even harder!
  • Side planks – While in the side plank position, lift your top leg up in the air.  Want more?  Not only lift your top leg but extend your body so you are now on your hand as compared to balancing your weight between your wrist and elbow.
  • Bridge – Do a single-leg bridge.  Take one leg and hug it tight into your chest.  Complete the bridge and feel the difference.  Want more?  Put that single leg on a bosu ball and have fun!

Continue Learning about Strength Training & Exercise

what are the benefits of adding chains to my workout ?
Chains increase the amount of weight lifted while performing the concentric or “up” portion of a lif...
how often should i do strength training ?
Aim for a minimum of three 10-minute sessions per week. You may want to devote a larger percentage o...
what is the assisted forearm-rotation strengthening exercise ?
The assisted forearm-rotation strengthening exercise designed to improve strength in the muscles of ...
will resistance training make me less flexible ?
Resistance training does have the potential to make you less flexible in certain areas if you contin...