How should I do my weight-lifting workouts while travelling?

It’s not hard to stay fit on the road! You just have to approach it with a little creativity. Before you travel, do some pre-work to see if your destination has a fitness center.  If one is not available, bring some exercise tubing and use exercises that mimic the routine you follow at your fitness center. Even without tubing, you can still perform body weight push-ups, lunges, squats, chair dips, etc.

Tim Ferriss
Fitness
It is better to take an additional one to three days off than to work out with different equipment that makes it impossible to determine progress or proper weights when you return. There is nothing to be lost by an additional one to three days of rest.

The other solution is to always use free weights with standard Olympic barbells, as these will be universal and comparable between facilities.
The 4-Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat-Loss, Incredible Sex, and Becoming Superhuman

Thinner, bigger, faster, stronger... which 150 pages will you read?Is it possible to: Reach your genetic potential in 6 months? Sleep 2 hours per day and perform better than on 8 hours? Lose more fat...

Continue Learning about Strength Training & Exercise

6 Reasons Why Women Should Weight Train
6 Reasons Why Women Should Weight Train
When we think of muscles, we think of Popeye, not twiggy Olive Oyl. But building and maintaining muscle mass is even more important for women. We all ...
How many total sets should I do during my strength training?
Jeff Croswell , NASM Elite TrainerJeff Croswell , NASM Elite Trainer
Your total sets are really going to be based on what your goals are.  Now if you are a beginner to s...
Why should I do strength training as I get older?
As you get older, you are more prone to stiffness and orthopedic injuries. Your muscles become stiff...
3 Tips for Better Strength Training
3 Tips for Better Strength Training