How can I add strength training to my exercise routine?

Examples of ways to add strength training to your exercise routine are:
  • Resistance bands and tubes. These are highly portable, safe, and inexpensive. They're especially good for lighter resistance training.
  • Weight training machines. These come in a wide variety and are available at gyms and recreation centers.
  • Weights. You can work many different muscle groups with a simple pair of hand weights or ankle weights.
  • Body weight movements. You can do exercises like push-ups, knee-bends, and sit-ups almost anywhere, without expensive equipment.
  • Strength training programs and classes. Many fitness centers, recreation centers, and health clubs offer programs and classes that include strength training.

Continue Learning about Strength Training & Exercise

4 Reasons to Strength Train as You Age
4 Reasons to Strength Train as You Age
Regular exercise is vital to health at any age, but especially as we get older—and become more prone to joint and muscle stiffness, and orthopedic inj...
How can I strengthen my hips?
Edward PhillipsEdward Phillips
Here's how to do quadruped single leg lifts to strengthen hips: Reps: 10 on each side Sets: 1-3 I...
Easy At-Work Exercises for Nurses
Easy At-Work Exercises for NursesEasy At-Work Exercises for NursesEasy At-Work Exercises for NursesEasy At-Work Exercises for Nurses
No time for the gym? Tone trouble spots during your shift with these moves.
Will Strength Training Increase My Metabolism?