How will skipping a weight-training session affect my progress?

Missing a workout here and there won’t sabotage your progress, as long as you don’t miss 20% or more sessions, according to research. Don’t let this be an excuse to lose your dedication, especially if you’re older. One study found that people 65 and older had a lower mortality risk if they stuck to their training schedule.

Continue Learning about Strength Training & Exercise

Reach for the Tiny Weights
Reach for the Tiny Weights
Don't knock yourself out with super-heavy lifting. You can make your muscles bigger and stronger by pumping the little stuff. You just have to lift i...
How should I do a single-leg stance to strengthen my ankles?
Edward PhillipsEdward Phillips
Here's how to do a single leg stance to strengthen ankles: Reps: 1 per leg Sets: 1-3 Intensity: M...
Easy At-Work Exercises for Nurses
Easy At-Work Exercises for NursesEasy At-Work Exercises for NursesEasy At-Work Exercises for NursesEasy At-Work Exercises for Nurses
No time for the gym? Tone trouble spots during your shift with these moves.
The Right Way to Lift Weights
The Right Way to Lift Weights