How do I do the assisted forearm-rotation strengthening workout?

The assisted forearm-rotation strengthening exercise requires a friend or therapist to help you. Place your shoulders in a biomechanically correct position. Hold your elbow at a 90-degree angle at your side while holding a dowel rod or broom handle in your hand. Have your partner slowly turn the rod while you gently resist and allow your forearm to rotate until the full range of motion is achieved or you feel pain. Feel your forearm muscles resisting the rotation and your shoulder blade muscles working to hold your shoulder blade in the correct position. This should take about 15 - 30 seconds to perform one rotation. Reverse the direction and repeat. Perform 3 - 5 repetitions or until fatigue sets in.

Continue Learning about Strength Training & Exercise

4 Reasons to Strength Train as You Age
4 Reasons to Strength Train as You Age
Regular exercise is vital to health at any age, but especially as we get older—and become more prone to joint and muscle stiffness, and orthopedic inj...
Why is strength training important to my position as a guard?
Strength training is the foundation for better balance, agility, speed, and power.  Without stre...
Can I get upper body strength without getting bulky?
Sadie LincolnSadie Lincoln
All the exercises I teach are designed to shape the body and create a balanced form, without ove...
How will a resistance training program differ for men and women?
Resistance training programs do not necessarily have to be different for men and women. The trai...