Can I get upper body strength without getting bulky?

Yes, strength has more to do with improving neuromuscular performance than muscle mass. If you do not increase your caloric intake you should not have any increases in muscles mass. People who put on large amounts of muscle mass combine large caloric intakes with high amounts of either natural or artificial
Sadie Lincoln
Sadie Lincoln on behalf of barre3
Fitness
All the exercises I teach are designed to shape the body and create a balanced form, without overdeveloping muscles. Using your own body weight in isometric contractions is one way to get long lean arms. Straight-arm Plank requires strong stability in the shoulder joint and creates shape to the arm without bulking, with bonus core work.

Continue Learning about Strength Training & Exercise

4 Reasons to Strength Train as You Age
4 Reasons to Strength Train as You Age
Regular exercise is vital to health at any age, but especially as we get older—and become more prone to joint and muscle stiffness, and orthopedic inj...
What is a good basic strength-training exercise program to try?
A good strength training program will target all the major muscle groups using multi joint movements...
Easy At-Work Exercises for Nurses
Easy At-Work Exercises for NursesEasy At-Work Exercises for NursesEasy At-Work Exercises for NursesEasy At-Work Exercises for Nurses
No time for the gym? Tone trouble spots during your shift with these moves.
The Right Way to Lift Weights
The Right Way to Lift Weights