Can strength training help reduce stress?

Whether you use dumbbells, machines, resistance bands or your own body weight, strength-building can help you stay one step ahead of stress. Lean body mass (that's muscle, not fat) makes your blood pressure normal more quickly after a stressful event, and that takes a load off of your heart and arteries, especially when you think you have more work than time or more problems than solutions.

Continue Learning about Strength Training & Exercise

My hands get tired and sore after I lift weights, what can I do?
Alleviate tired and sore hands after resistance training or anytime by performing a form of self...
How can strength training affect my genes?
Samantha Heller, RDSamantha Heller, RD
Both strength training and aerobic exercise turn on your inner fountain of youth! Strength train...
How important is it for women to strength train?
Strength training is very important for everyone, including women. The human body is very adapti...
Easy At-Work Exercises for Nurses
Easy At-Work Exercises for NursesEasy At-Work Exercises for NursesEasy At-Work Exercises for NursesEasy At-Work Exercises for Nurses
No time for the gym? Tone trouble spots during your shift with these moves. At the end of a long shift, hitting the gym may sound like the last thing ...