What questions should I ask my doctor about trichomoniasis?

Review the following questions about trichomoniasis so you're prepared to discuss this important health issue with your healthcare professional.
  • Do over-the-counter products work for treating and preventing trichomoniasis?
  • Does my partner need to be treated?
  • What difference does it make whether I have trichomoniasis or a yeast infection?
  • If I have had trichomoniasis in the past and am pregnant, should I get tested for it even if I have no symptoms?
  • How do I identify trichomoniasis and avoid it in the future?
  • Do I need to refrain from sexual contact while I am being treated?
  • Will poor hygiene increase my risk of trichomoniasis?
  • Can trichomoniasis be passed on to my baby?
  • Are the drugs used for treating trichomoniasis safe for pregnant women?
  • What happens if I am infected with trichomoniasis but never get treated? Will it go away on its own?

Continue Learning about STDs

What to Do When You Get an STD
What to Do When You Get an STD
In 2012, an Oregon woman who sued her date for giving her genital herpes won $900,000. And one tycoon allegedly paid $52 million for giving chlamydia ...
What are the symptoms of trichomoniasis in women?
A significant number of women infected with trichomoniasis have no noticeable symptoms. If symptoms ...
Why should women be treated for gonorrhea?
Gonorrhea is a curable sexually transmitted disease (STD), and women with the disease should be trea...
Dr. Diane Harper - How Are Human Papillomaviruses (HPV) Infections Detected?