What happens if trichomoniasis isn't treated?

If you don't get treated, the infection stays in your body. Even without symptoms, it can be passed to others. Having trichomoniasis also can increase a woman's risk of getting HIV if she is exposed to the virus.
This answer is based on source information from the National Women's Health Information Center.

Continue Learning about STDs

What to Do When You Get an STD
What to Do When You Get an STD
In 2012, an Oregon woman who sued her date for giving her genital herpes won $900,000. And one tycoon allegedly paid $52 million for giving chlamydia ...
What increases my risk of getting a sexually transmitted disease?
Bonnie Lynn Wright, PhDBonnie Lynn Wright, PhD
Being sexually active puts you at risk of being exposed to sexually transmitted infections. Period. ...
How should I talk to my kids about sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)?
When you compare teens from developed countries, Americans have the highest rate of sexually transmi...
Dr. Diane Harper - What are the treatment options for human papillomavirus (HPV) infection?