Should I tell my partner if I have trichomoniasis?

Yes — your partner could have the infection too. You and your partner should be treated at the same time to keep from infecting each other again. Be sure to tell all of your recent sex partners also, so they can get tested and treated.
This answer is based on source information from the National Women's Health Information Center.
Angela Lowery
Family Medicine
Yes, you should notify your partner if you have been infected with trichomoniasis. Both you and your partner should be treated at the same time to prevent re-infection. If you have had recent sexual contact with others you will need to notify them also.

Continue Learning about STDs

Undiagnosed Chlamydia
Undiagnosed Chlamydia
The extra fun of sex comes along with the risk of transmitting a virus or bacteria --known as an STD (or sexually transmitted disease) -- during the a...
What is a sexually transmitted disease (STD)?
Heidi FantasiaHeidi Fantasia
A sexually transmitted disease is any infection (or disease) that is spread from person to person as...
How do sexually transmitted infections (STI) affect pregnancy?
STIs can cause many of the same health problems in pregnant women as women who are not pregnant. But...
Dr. Diane Harper - How Are Human Papillomaviruses (HPV) Infections Detected?