How can a red rash on the soles of my feet be a symptom of syphilis?

A red rash on the soles of the feet may be a sign of syphilis. Syphilis is a sexually transmitted disease caused by a type of bacteria. Early signs of syphilis include genital sores. However, if the disease is not treated early, it can begin to produce other symptoms, such as a rash on the soles of the feet or the palms of the hands. If you have a reddish-brown irritation in either place, see a doctor immediately.

Continue Learning about STDs

How is trichomoniasis diagnosed in women?
For women, a trichomoniasis diagnosis based on symptoms is inadequate because many of these symptoms...
What questions should I ask my doctor about trichomoniasis?
Review the following questions about trichomoniasis so you're prepared to discuss this important hea...
What should I do if I think I have a sexually transmitted infection (STI)?
You may feel scared or shy about asking for information or help. Keep in mind, the sooner you seek t...
Why does trichomoniasis receive so little attention compared to other STDs?
Alynn B. Alexander, MDAlynn B. Alexander, MD
Trichiomoniasis receives little attention compared to other STDs probably because it’s not associate...