How can a red rash on the soles of my feet be a symptom of syphilis?

A red rash on the soles of the feet may be a sign of syphilis. Syphilis is a sexually transmitted disease caused by a type of bacteria. Early signs of syphilis include genital sores. However, if the disease is not treated early, it can begin to produce other symptoms, such as a rash on the soles of the feet or the palms of the hands. If you have a reddish-brown irritation in either place, see a doctor immediately.

Continue Learning about STDs

Is it Healthy to Groom the Hair Down There?
One of the most famous point-shaving scandals of all time involved a handful of underworld bookies, gangsters, and the 1978–79 Boston College basketba...
What questions should I ask my doctor about trichomoniasis?
Review the following questions about trichomoniasis so you're prepared to discuss this important hea...
How should I talk to my kids about sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)?
Terrie WatkinsTerrie Watkins
Along with the "Birds and the Bees" discussion must come information about transmission and preventi...
Dr. Diane Harper - What are the symptoms of human papillomavirus (HPV)?