How could I get infected with syphilis?

Jill A. Grimes, MD
Family Medicine
Syphilis is transmitted through sexual contact--oral, anal, or vaginal--with an infected person. Syphilis can be passed from a mother to her unborn child, causing congenital syphilis.
Seductive Delusions: How Everyday People Catch STDs

Anyone can catch a sexually transmitted disease. STDs are widespread in all walks of life, regardless of gender, race, social status, or education. Seduced into complacency by the notion that "it...

Continue Learning about STDs

Is it Healthy to Groom the Hair Down There?
One of the most famous point-shaving scandals of all time involved a handful of underworld bookies, gangsters, and the 1978–79 Boston College basketba...
Why should men be treated for gonorrhea?
Gonorrhea is a curable sexually transmitted disease (STD), and men with the disease should be treate...
How common is trichomoniasis in women?
About 3.7 million people have trichomoniasis, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and ...
Dr. Diane Harper - Could I have human papillomavirus (HPV) even if my pap test was normal?