How can I find out if I have syphilis?

A doctor can tell if you have syphilis. The most common ways include:
Taking a sample of your blood and sending it to a lab for testing. Looking at the fluid from a syphilis sore under a special type of microscope. This can only be done during primary and secondary stages, when a sore is present.

This answer is based on source information from National Women's Health Information Center.

Continue Learning about STDs

Is it Healthy to Groom the Hair Down There?
One of the most famous point-shaving scandals of all time involved a handful of underworld bookies, gangsters, and the 1978–79 Boston College basketba...
Which questions should I ask my doctor about chlamydia?
Review the following questions about chlamydia so you're prepared to discuss this important health i...
Do vaginal contraceptives containing nonoxynol-9 help prevent STDs?
Over-the-counter vaginal contraceptives that contain the spermicide nonoxynol-9 include a warning la...
Dr. Diane Harper - How is the HPV virus contracted?