How common is trichomoniasis?

Jill A. Grimes, MD
Family Medicine
The CDC estimates that 7.4 million people are infected in the United States each year. Trichomoniasis is thought to be the most common nonviral STD.
Seductive Delusions: How Everyday People Catch STDs

Anyone can catch a sexually transmitted disease. STDs are widespread in all walks of life, regardless of gender, race, social status, or education. Seduced into complacency by the notion that "it...

Continue Learning about STDs

What to Do When You Get an STD
What to Do When You Get an STD
In 2012, an Oregon woman who sued her date for giving her genital herpes won $900,000. And one tycoon allegedly paid $52 million for giving chlamydia ...
What increases my risk of getting a sexually transmitted disease?
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) affect more than 13 million men and women in the United Sta...
Which health problems can result from untreated chlamydia?
Riverside Health SystemRiverside Health System
Like the disease itself, the damage chlamydia causes is often "silent." For women, untreated chlamy...
Dr. Diane Harper - Could I have human papillomavirus (HPV) even if my pap test was normal?