Can I have chlamydia without even realizing it?

It's possible for people to have chlamydia without even realizing it. In fact, many women who are infected don't know it because they don't have any noticeable symptoms. Sometimes, symptoms may be so mild or so short-lived that people don't think anything of them. However, chlamydia can cause serious damage if it's left untreated. Because of this, it's important to have regular screenings for chlamydia. Also, talk to your doctor right away if you notice anything unusual like painful urination or abnormal discharge from your penis or vagina.

Continue Learning about STDs

Is it Healthy to Groom the Hair Down There?
One of the most famous point-shaving scandals of all time involved a handful of underworld bookies, gangsters, and the 1978–79 Boston College basketba...
What is the latest research on gonorrhea?
In terms of gonorrhea research, scientists have determined the sequence of the Neisseria gonorrhoeae...
How should I talk to my kids about sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)?
Terrie WatkinsTerrie Watkins
Along with the "Birds and the Bees" discussion must come information about transmission and preventi...
Dr. Diane Harper - How is the HPV virus contracted?