What should I do if I have gonorrhea?

You can do the following:

Finish all the medicine that your doctor gives you. Even if the symptoms go away, you still need to finish treatment. If symptoms continue after treatment, see your doctor. Talk with your sex partner(s). Your sex partner(s) should get tested and treated for gonorrhea, even if they don't have any symptoms. Avoid sexual contact until you and your partner(s) have been treated and cured. People who have had gonorrhea and were treated can get infected again if they have sexual contact with a person who has gonorrhea. Once you have been treated and cured, take steps to lower your risk from getting gonorrhea again.

This answer is based on source information from the National Women's Health Information Center.

Continue Learning about STDs

Is it Healthy to Groom the Hair Down There?
One of the most famous point-shaving scandals of all time involved a handful of underworld bookies, gangsters, and the 1978–79 Boston College basketba...
What causes a sexually transmitted disease in adolescents?
Bonnie Lynn Wright, PhDBonnie Lynn Wright, PhD
Sex and sexual activity can result in an STD or STI. Oral, anal, vaginal sex can spread an STI becau...
Why should men be treated for gonorrhea?
Gonorrhea is a curable sexually transmitted disease (STD), and men with the disease should be treate...
Dr. Diane Harper - How Are Human Papillomaviruses (HPV) Infections Detected?