How can I get a sexually transmitted disease (STD) if I'm still a virgin?

Jill A. Grimes, MD
Family Medicine
Ah, the devil is in the details, right? Virginity does not equal disease-free. Every sexually transmitted disease (STD) except for trichomoniasis can be passed via oral or anal sex.

Continue Learning about STDs

Is it Healthy to Groom the Hair Down There?
One of the most famous point-shaving scandals of all time involved a handful of underworld bookies, gangsters, and the 1978–79 Boston College basketba...
How can I help my adolescent avoid sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)?
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are particularly common among adolescents and an issue kids are...
Which health problems can result from untreated chlamydia?
Riverside Health SystemRiverside Health System
Like the disease itself, the damage chlamydia causes is often "silent." For women, untreated chlamy...
Dr. Diane Harper - What are the symptoms of human papillomavirus (HPV)?