Therefore, it is important that you abstain from sexual contact until a week after your partner has been tested and completed treatment, meaning seven days after a single-dose azithromycin regimen or after completion of a seven-day doxycycline regimen. In addition, you should return to your doctor for a repeat test three to six months after you are treated to be sure that you have not been infected again.
- Q What should I know about caring for someone with chlamydia?
- Q Should I talk to my doctor about my chlamydia symptoms?
- Q Can homosexual partners get chlamydia?
- Q How do medications treat chlamydia?
- Q Can I get chlamydia again even if I've already had it once?
- Q How common is chlamydia?