Therefore, it is important that you abstain from sexual contact until a week after your partner has been tested and completed treatment, meaning seven days after a single-dose azithromycin regimen or after completion of a seven-day doxycycline regimen. In addition, you should return to your doctor for a repeat test three to six months after you are treated to be sure that you have not been infected again.
- Q What should I know about caring for someone with chlamydia?
- Q What is the rate of incidence of chlamydia?
- Q What are the health effects of chlamydia?
- Q Is there a cure for chlamydia?
- Q Should I talk to my doctor about my chlamydia symptoms?
- Q What causes chlamydia?