Will a group environment help me to exercise?

A collaborative group environment can provide a sense of belonging, social support and accountability which is beneficial in promoting exercise. However, some group environments are a source of social comparison which make some people uncomfortable. Find the right group for you by testing out a few and determining how you felt within each group. Did you feel confident? Or were you less inclined to work hard because you felt self-conscious? If you feel good in a group and find yourself wanting to participate more - that is more than likely the group for you!

Continue Learning about Staying Motivated For Fitness & Exercise

Why should I listen to music while I exercise?
Every workout should be accompanied by a good soundtrack. Research on exercise motivation has repeat...
How can I exercise if I am always too tired after work?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
If you are always too tired to exercise after work, find a time when your energy is highest. You...
How can I stay motivated to be physically active over time?
Dr. Michelle Cleere - Sharecare Fitness Expert, PhDDr. Michelle Cleere - Sharecare Fitness Expert, PhD
Keeping your motivation to exercise can be difficult but there are a couple of things that can help ...
Why You Should Exercise With a Buddy
Why You Should Exercise With a Buddy