How can I make sure I use my exercise equipment?

Great question! All too often people buy home equipment and end up using it as a way to hang clothes or better yet a way to collect dust!

If you want to be successful with home equipment then try some of these techniques. First, purchase something that you believe you will use. Try to avoid falling into those gimmicks that you see on TV. The results may be present but may also be a waste of time. Next, place your equipment in an area that will be seen on a daily basis, this can be in your bedroom, living room, dining room, etc. Try and post signs in visible areas that help keep you disciplined. Use a calendar as this may increase your chances of success.

Ultimately, doing something will be better than not doing something so be sure to stay active!

Continue Learning about Staying Motivated For Fitness & Exercise

How can exercising with other people help me exercise more?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
It can help to exercise with other people. We often feel more responsibility to others than we d...
How can I motivate myself to exercise when I'm tired?
To motivate yourself to exercise when tired, start with walking every day. Even if you're only a...
What are the motives to begin exercising?
Motives to begin exercise generally include family members wanting you to get healthier, friends...
What should I do if I'm often not in the mood for exercise?
Eric OlsenEric Olsen
If you find you often simply "don't feel like it," another common reason many of us fail to reach ou...