How can I succeed in my exercise program?

There are many barriers to a successful exercise program, but they are nearly always beatable. One of the most common barriers is a lack of time. To cross this barrier, block out a regular amount of time during the day instead of exercising when time allows it. Another common barrier is consistency. Don’t get discouraged when you don’t see the pounds melting off right away. Don't give up. It is better to be “fat and fit” than “fat and unfit.” In fact, there is scientific proof that being “fat and fit” is healthier than “thin and unfit.” In other words, the chubby jogger is healthier than the skinny couch potato.

Continue Learning about Staying Motivated For Fitness & Exercise

Are You a Sitting Duck?
Are You a Sitting Duck?
Movie mavens brag about watching Fanny and Alexander—over five hours long—and West of the Tracks for nine plus. But they’re bested by intrepid fans wh...
I hate exercising, what should I do?
Penny Ragusano, NASM Elite TrainerPenny Ragusano, NASM Elite Trainer
When I hear this question, I like to ask, "What does exercise mean for you?" Our personal definition...
How can exercising with a friend or partner be helpful?
Tanya ZuckerbrotTanya Zuckerbrot
Registered Dietitian Tanya Zuckerbrot explains how exercising with a friend or partner can be help...
Dr. Oz Boxes With Kamar de los Reyes
Dr. Oz Boxes With Kamar de los Reyes