How can I stay committed to fitness during the cold winter months?

During the winter months, the cold morning air may lure you to stay in bed a bit longer, and abandon your morning workout. Consider grabbing an exercise buddy. An exercise partner can help you to stay committed to your fitness routine, despite the cold temperatures or other confounding issues. When you don’t feel like exercising, your buddy can push you to stay committed, and it’s certainly more fun to exercise with a friend. Or, why not try a new winter sport like ice skating, which provides a huge aerobic payoff, as well as lower body toning benefits. 
If you don’t want to leave your warm and cozy home, then you can invest in some exercise DVDs, or search for an online exercise program or cable TV fitness programming, all of which can offer a solid workout in the comfort of your home. You can also plan to do your workout during your lunchtime break or after work, since it may be easier to face the cold once you’ve left home. 
Appropriate outdoor exercise wear can also help to inspire your exercise habit. Use layering, and invest in exercise clothes with built in wicking and thermal technology.  Wool socks can also keep feet warm during an outdoor run.

Continue Learning about Staying Motivated For Fitness & Exercise

Harnessing Your Brain Power Can Make You Stronger
In the 1970s, when psychic Uri Geller bent spoons, he claimed he did it with his mind. Then debunker James “The Amazing” Randi revealed it was really ...
Why should I exercise with a partner?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
An exercise partner can help you stay motivated, even if your partner can't make it to every session...
What are the motives to begin exercising?
Motives to begin exercise generally include family members wanting you to get healthier, friends...
How do I find an exercise partner?
Finding an exercise partner can be as easy as phoning a close friend! An exercise partner can be a f...