How can exercising with other people help me exercise more?

John Preston, PsyD
It can help to exercise with other people. We often feel more responsibility to others than we do to ourselves, so one way to stick to a new exercise plan is to join other people in exercising. If you’re not much of a joiner, you can walk with a friend or your partner three times a week after work. Or if you enjoy being around new people, you can join a class at a local gym, yoga studio or community center. Search online, in the classified ads, and on community bulletin boards for activity groups that might be seeking new members.
Depression 101: A Practical Guide to Treatments, Self-Help Strategies, and Preventing Relapse

When you have depression, it can feel like there's no way out. To begin changing the way you feel, you'll need an arsenal of proven techniques for lifting your mood and preventing relapse. The...

Continue Learning about Staying Motivated For Fitness & Exercise

Harnessing Your Brain Power Can Make You Stronger
In the 1970s, when psychic Uri Geller bent spoons, he claimed he did it with his mind. Then debunker James “The Amazing” Randi revealed it was really ...
How do I motivate myself to start exercising?
Bob LivingstoneBob Livingstone
There are several messages that can tell you that you need to exercise regularly. They are:You will...
How can I stay motivated to be physically active over time?
Sadie LincolnSadie Lincoln
The best advice I can give someone looking for long-term motivation, is to find something you love t...
How to Tone Your Tummy With Tracy Anderson