How can exercising with others benefit me?

Exercising with others is a great motivator and something that many individuals, especially those who are sedentary, should do!  Having a friend or workout buddy will assist in completing your exercise.  The best benefit, this individual will push you in many ways.  Below are a list of benefits and the list can surely go on!

• Your workout partner will push you to exercise on a day when you may not have the motivation
  • A partner will help you workout for 45 minutes as compared to 30
  • You may try new forms of exercise such as group exercises classes, especially if you have someone to go with
  • Instead of only completing 8 repetitions, you may be able to complete 10 with that extra push!

As you can see, exercising with others has benefit and the biggest benefit will be you staying active and living a healthy lifestyle!

Eric Olsen
Fitness
If you've made a commitment to others to meet at a certain time and place for a walk or jog together, it becomes much more difficult to sit at home. And the prospect of coffee or lunch with friends after exercise provides an additional powerful inducement to keep at it. Most communities of any size have jogging or walking clubs, health clubs, and aerobics classes that provide many opportunities to meet others of like mind. Forming friendships around exercise provides not only additional motivation, but also the benefits of social connectedness.
Lifefit: An Effective Exercise Program for Optimal Health and a Longer Life

An easy-to-follow programme for lengthening and improving lives. More than an exercise guide, this text is an effective tool for making meaningful lifestyle decisions to benefit long-term fitness. In...

Continue Learning about Staying Motivated For Fitness & Exercise

Harnessing Your Brain Power Can Make You Stronger
In the 1970s, when psychic Uri Geller bent spoons, he claimed he did it with his mind. Then debunker James “The Amazing” R...
How do I motivate myself to start exercising?
Bob LivingstoneBob Livingstone
There are several messages that can tell you that you need to exercise regularly. They are:You will...
I hate exercising, what should I do?
Kirsi BhasinKirsi Bhasin
Here are the top tips I give my clients to help them get moving:If you have not been active before a...
How to Make the Most of Your Fitness Tracker