How do I build motivation?

Building motivation starts with an awareness that change is necessary and then figuring out how to move forward in a direction with some intensity. To build motivation and continue to feel motivated, you want to feel good (feel stronger, walk longer, able to walk up stairs, more energy) and feel successful (lower high blood pressure, weight loss, clothes fit better, able to play with your kids).

Continue Learning about Staying Motivated For Fitness & Exercise

4 Ways to Pump Up Your Workout Willpower
We're betting this is typical exercise motivation math: your old skinny jeans + a photo of a once-slinky you wearing them + next month's high school r...
What are the motives to begin exercising?
Motives to begin exercise generally include family members wanting you to get healthier, friends...
How can I get my girlfriend to stop being so competitive when we work out?
Joel Harper - Elite TrainerJoel Harper - Elite Trainer
Communication is the key. But how is it best to communicate? I find using humor works the best. Try ...
What forces people who have never exercised to start exercising?
Many people start exercising when something tragic happens in their life, like being diagnosed w...