How beneficial is exercise with a partner?

Chris Powell
Fitness
Exercise with a partner is not only a fun bonding experience; it also helps keep both partners accountable to shared goals. In this video, fitness expert Chris Powell explains how working out with a friend can motivate you and keep you on track.
Working out with a partner whom one thinks is stronger than he is can actually increase exercise intensity and duration, according to research in the Annals of Internal Medicine. This works for both men and women, and even a virtual workout partner can help improve one's fitness levels.

Continue Learning about Staying Motivated For Fitness & Exercise

Harnessing Your Brain Power Can Make You Stronger
In the 1970s, when psychic Uri Geller bent spoons, he claimed he did it with his mind. Then debunker James “The Amazing” Randi revealed it was really ...
I hate exercising, what should I do?
Penny Ragusano, NASM Elite TrainerPenny Ragusano, NASM Elite Trainer
When I hear this question, I like to ask, "What does exercise mean for you?" Our personal definition...
Will a group environment help me to exercise?
A collaborative group environment can provide a sense of belonging, social support and accountabilit...
How to Tone Your Bat Wings
How to Tone Your Bat Wings