How beneficial is exercise with a partner?

Chris Powell
Fitness
Exercise with a partner is not only a fun bonding experience; it also helps keep both partners accountable to shared goals. In this video, fitness expert Chris Powell explains how working out with a friend can motivate you and keep you on track.
Working out with a partner whom one thinks is stronger than he is can actually increase exercise intensity and duration, according to research in the Annals of Internal Medicine. This works for both men and women, and even a virtual workout partner can help improve one's fitness levels.

Continue Learning about Staying Motivated For Fitness & Exercise

Are You a Sitting Duck?
Are You a Sitting Duck?
Movie mavens brag about watching Fanny and Alexander—over five hours long—and West of the Tracks for nine plus. But they’re bested by intrepid fans wh...
How can I get my girlfriend to stop being so competitive when we work out?
Troy Taylor, NASM Elite TrainerTroy Taylor, NASM Elite Trainer
Competitiveness is fueled by many things. One possible thing is that you may really be motivating he...
How do I get my family involved in working out with me?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Here are some ways to help get your family more active:Go for 60, every day. You need at least 60 mi...
Strength Training for Beginners
Strength Training for Beginners