What should I do if I hate working out alone and no one I know works out?

Two excellent ideas give them a try and let me know how it goes:

• Group exercise classes – these are a great motivator to everyone.  You will be pushed daily by the instructor.  This may also open the opportunity to meet people similar to you and build some relationships for people to exercise with.
  • Hire a trainer – People do not enjoy spending money, believe me, I am the same way.  However, a trainer might be just the push to get you where you want to be and give you that motivation to exercise on your own.

Hope these ideas help.  Enjoy!

Wendy Batts
Fitness
This is a common obstacle to increasing your activity. So chances are there are others out there looking for some extra motivation to get moving. There are a lot of options that you have at your disposal to find them; here are a few suggestions…
1. Check out your community parks and recreation catalogs for classes that are often offered at very reasonable pricing. They range from walking, running, sports, group exercise, etc. You’ll find people with similar interests and the accountability of having regular classes that you’ve paid for will help get you there. Find something you enjoy doing and sign up!
2. Check with sporting goods stores, athletic shoe stores, bike shops, etc as they often have running, walking and cycling clubs that meet regularly. Again, pairing a recreation you enjoy with others that also enjoy it will keep you showing up.
3. Search for camp style group classes in your area which range from groups of moms walking with strollers to more intense “boot camp” style exercise.
4. Attend different group exercise classes at your health club and pick one you’ll stick with
5. Seek out the help of a personal trainer, they’ll provide fun and motivation to keep you coming in for your workouts
In short, relating your exercise to people, places and things you enjoy will help keep you motivated and on track!
Try a zumba or yoga class.  You’ll be amazed at how fun they are.  You could even join a sports team.  Tennis, soccer, even kickball are great ways to work out and make new friends.  Soon you’ll have a new group of work out buddies.  Either that or the amount of fun you’re having (not to mention how great you look) will be more than enough incentive to get your buddies to join in.

Continue Learning about Staying Motivated For Fitness & Exercise

What are the motives to begin exercising?
Motives to begin exercise generally include family members wanting you to get healthier, friends...
How can I look at fitness to make it seem more motivating?
People are motivated by things that they find personally relevant and important. There is no simple ...
How can I stay motivated for indoor workouts?
Dr. Michelle Cleere - Sharecare Fitness Expert, PhDDr. Michelle Cleere - Sharecare Fitness Expert, PhD
Yes music, videos, books and magazines help but how about looking at this a bit differently. Indoor ...
How Can I Stick to An Exercise Routine?
How Can I Stick to An Exercise Routine?