Can my children be covered by CHIP if I have a job?

Yes, your children may still be eligible for health coverage through Medicaid and the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) even if you have a job. Many children who have CHIP and Medicaid coverage have one or two parents who work. In most states, children under age 19 with family income up to $48,600 per year (for a family of four) may qualify for Medicaid or CHIP, although the family income eligibility can vary depending on the state in which you live. In many states, family income can be even higher and children can still qualify. For more information about CHIP and Medicaid health coverage for children call 1-877-KIDS-NOW (543-7669) or visit www.insurekidsnow.gov. 

Continue Learning about State Children's Health Insurance Program

What is the State Children's Health Insurance Program (S-CHIP)?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
The State Children's Health Insurance Program (S-CHIP) is a low-cost, private health insurance plan ...
What are my options to get health insurance for my children?
If you already have health coverage through your employer, you may have access to a family plan that...
Who can apply for health insurance for my child?
A parent, grandparent, legal guardian or other authorized representative can provide health insuranc...
What is CHIP?
CHIP is the state and federally funded partnership called Children's Health Insurance Program that p...