How can I take St. John’s Wort?

St. John's Wort is available in oral forms such as capsules, tablets and liquid extracts, and it is also available in topical forms that are only used externally. Some forms of the products can be brewed as a tea to drink. You should take the pill forms with a full glass of water. Do not take more of this product than directed because too much can be hazardous. Do not use different forms of St. John's Wort at the same time, unless you are explicitly directed by your health care provider, since you increase the chance of overdose.

Continue Learning about St. John's Wort

How safe is St. John's wort?
St. John's wort, or hypericum, may be safer than standard medications. As for safety, meta-analy...
What are the traditional uses of St. John's wort?
St. John's wort has several traditional uses.Greek and Roman medical sources report the use of St....
What is St. John’s Wort?
Hypericum, which is the term used for herbal preparations and extracts of St. John's wort, contains ...
Should I tell my pharmacist if I am taking medications and St. John’s wort?
St. John's wort can interact with a wide variety of medications, so have a conversation with your do...