How should I store St. John's Wort?

Store St. John's Wort at room temperature. Keep the product in a container that is shut from heat, moisture and light unless stated differently on the package label. Avoid storing it in the bathroom, near a sink or in damp location, since moisture can cause it to break down and not work properly. Make sure the product is not accessible to children, especially since most herbal products do not come in childproof containers. Do not keep medication that is outdated or not needed any longer.

Continue Learning about St. John's Wort

What is St. John's wort extract (SJWE)?
Many oral supplements of St. John's wort are actually extracts. These are formulations containin...
What side effects does St. John's Wort cause?
St. John's wort may cause a number of side effects. It can make it hard to get to sleep and may ...
Should I tell my pharmacist if I am taking medications and St. John’s wort?
St. John's wort can interact with a wide variety of medications, so have a conversation with your do...
Can St. John's wort benefit people with heart conditions?
Dr. Pina LoGiudice, LAc, NDDr. Pina LoGiudice, LAc, ND
Known for its ability to stave off depression, it is not well known that the psychiatric-geared St. ...