The dosage for the SJWE standardized to contain 0.3 percent hypericin and 3 to 5 percent hyperforin is typically 900 mg per day for mild depression and 1,800 mg per day for moderate to severe depression. Initially the dosage was spread out during the day, but recent studies indicate that a single daily dose is preferable.
- Q Is St. John's Wort effective in treating depression?
- Q Who should not use St. John’s Wort?
- Q How should I store St. John's Wort?
- Q What are the traditional uses of St. John's wort?
- Q How soon after taking St. John’s wort might depression symptoms improve?
- Q How can I take St. John’s Wort?