The dosage for the SJWE standardized to contain 0.3 percent hypericin and 3 to 5 percent hyperforin is typically 900 mg per day for mild depression and 1,800 mg per day for moderate to severe depression. Initially the dosage was spread out during the day, but recent studies indicate that a single daily dose is preferable.
- Q Does St. John's wort help with somatoform disorders?
- Q Are there any risks in taking the supplement St. John’s wort?
- Q Should I tell my pharmacist if I am taking medications and St. John’s wort?
- Q How does St. John's Wort work?
- Q What are the warnings for St. John's wort?
- Q What is St. John’s Wort used for?