The dosage for the SJWE standardized to contain 0.3 percent hypericin and 3 to 5 percent hyperforin is typically 900 mg per day for mild depression and 1,800 mg per day for moderate to severe depression. Initially the dosage was spread out during the day, but recent studies indicate that a single daily dose is preferable.
- Q Should I tell my pharmacist if I am taking medications and St. John’s wort?
- Q Can I take St. John’s wort if I am on heart medications?
- Q Who should not use St. John’s Wort?
- Q Is St. John's Wort effective in treating depression?
- Q Who should use St. John’s Wort?
- Q Should I let my doctor know I’m taking St. John’s Wort?