Is spindle cell squamous cell carcinoma serious?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Spindle cell squamous cell carcinoma is more aggressive than other types of squamous cell carcinoma, but it's usually treatable. If it's found early, spindle cell squamous cell carcinoma is almost always successfully treated. However, if it's left untreated, the cancer can spread throughout the body and may be more difficult to treat. Because early diagnosis and treatment usually results in a successful recovery, it's important to talk to your doctor as soon as you notice any symptoms of spindle cell squamous cell carcinoma.

Continue Learning about Squamous Cell Carcinoma

How common is spindle cell squamous cell carcinoma?
Spindle cell squamous cell carcinoma (SCSCC) is an uncommon subtype of squamous cell carcinoma. It's...
Should I talk to my doctor about my squamous cell carcinoma symptoms?
If you notice symptoms of squamous cell carcinoma, you should talk to your doctor. Symptoms are ofte...
Is squamous cell carcinoma serious?
All types of cancer are serious, but fortunately, squamous cell carcinoma is very treatable and is r...
What does squamous cell carcinoma mean?
Squamous cell carcinoma is a type of skin cancer that can affect any area of your body. When present...