How common is spindle cell squamous cell carcinoma?

Spindle cell squamous cell carcinoma (SCSCC) is an uncommon subtype of squamous cell carcinoma. It's estimated that there are 200,000 to 300,000 new cases of squamous cell carcinoma diagnosed in the United States each year. While the number of SCSCC cases diagnosed each year is unknown, the number is not very high. However, about one-third of the  squamous cell carcinoma cases that spread throughout the body are spindle cell.

Continue Learning about Squamous Cell Carcinoma

5 Answers About Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma
Squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) is the second most common form of skin cancer, after basal cell carcinoma. It is also known as cutaneous squamous cell c...
4 Resources for Patients With cSCC
4 Resources for Patients With cSCC
Cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma, or cSCC, is the second-most common type of skin cancer, and accounts for approximately two out of every ten cases o...
Should I talk to my doctor about my squamous cell carcinoma symptoms?
If you notice symptoms of squamous cell carcinoma, you should talk to your doctor. Symptoms are ofte...
Can squamous cell carcinoma spread throughout the body?
Most of the time, squamous cell carcinoma affects only the skin and some of the surrounding tissue. ...