How is spindle cell squamous cell carcinoma diagnosed?

Spindle cell squamous cell carcinoma can be difficult to diagnose because it so closely resembles other skin conditions. The first step in diagnosing spindle cell squamous cell carcinoma is usually a physical exam that includes an inspection of your skin and a review of your medical history. Then doctors will perform a biopsy, which involves removing a part of the affected skin and analyzing it under a microscope. Analysis with a microscope is the most important step in diagnosing the cancer because it lets doctors differentiate spindle cell squamous cell carcinoma from other conditions.

Continue Learning about Squamous Cell Carcinoma

5 Answers About Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma
Squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) is the second most common form of skin cancer, after basal cell carcinoma. It is also known as cutaneous squamous cell c...
4 Resources for Patients With cSCC
4 Resources for Patients With cSCC
Cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma, or cSCC, is the second-most common type of skin cancer, and accounts for approximately two out of every ten cases o...
Does squamous cell carcinoma have a high recurrence rate?
Squamous cell carcinoma doesn't have an extremely high recurrence rate, meaning it isn't extremely l...
Should I talk to my doctor about my squamous cell carcinoma symptoms?
If you notice symptoms of squamous cell carcinoma, you should talk to your doctor. Symptoms are ofte...