Should I talk to my doctor about my squamous cell carcinoma symptoms?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

If you notice symptoms of squamous cell carcinoma, you should talk to your doctor. Symptoms are often hard to distinguish from other conditions because they're  mild at first, and later they just look like red, scaly skin or a sore. However, if you notice any of these symptoms that don't heal after a few weeks, it's a good idea to talk to a doctor. The earlier squamous cell carcinoma is diagnosed and treated, the more likely your chance for a full recovery.

Continue Learning about Squamous Cell Carcinoma

5 Answers About Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma
Squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) is the second most common form of skin cancer, after basal cell carcinoma. It is also known as cutaneous squamous cell c...
4 Resources for Patients With cSCC
4 Resources for Patients With cSCC
Cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma, or cSCC, is the second-most common type of skin cancer, and accounts for approximately two out of every ten cases o...
Systemic Therapies for Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma
Cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma (cSCC) is a type of skin cancer that begins in the squamous cells found in the outer layers of the skin. In most cas...