What increases my risk for basaloid squamous cell carcinoma?

Not much is known about what may put you at risk for basaloid squamous cell carcinoma, but there are some things that seem to be risk factors. Doctors think that smoking tobacco and drinking alcohol may increase the risk for basaloid squamous cell carcinoma. Some viruses, including Epstein-Barr virus and some types of human papillomavirus, may also increase the risk for developing basaloid squamous cell carcinoma. Age and gender may also come into play, because males and older people are much more commonly affected by the disease.

Continue Learning about Squamous Cell Carcinoma

Systemic Therapies for Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma
Cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma (cSCC) is a type of skin cancer that begins in the squamous cells found in the outer layers of the skin. In most cas...
4 Resources for Patients With cSCC
4 Resources for Patients With cSCC
Cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma, or cSCC, is the second-most common type of skin cancer, and accounts for approximately two out of every ten cases o...
What does squamous cell carcinoma look like?
Jenny C. Hu, MDJenny C. Hu, MD
Like basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma is usually present in sun-exposed areas of the sk...
Should I talk to my doctor about my squamous cell carcinoma symptoms?
If you notice symptoms of squamous cell carcinoma, you should talk to your doctor. Symptoms are ofte...