How do I manage my spindle cell squamous cell carcinoma on a daily basis?

Managing your spindle cell squamous cell carcinoma on a daily basis begins with treatment. Once you've been treated, it's important to check in with your doctor regularly to make sure the cancer hasn't come back or spread. This is especially important in the first few months after treatment because spindle cell squamous cell carcinoma may be more likely to spread. It's also  important to continue checking your own skin frequently for any new or unusual growths, and continue protecting your skin from the sun. Taking care of your overall health is important for managing spindle cell squamous cell carcinoma, so eat a balanced diet and don't smoke. Care for your emotional health, too, with resources like counseling, support groups, friends and family.

Continue Learning about Squamous Cell Carcinoma

4 Resources for Patients With cSCC
4 Resources for Patients With cSCC
Cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma, or cSCC, is the second-most common type of skin cancer, and accounts for approximately two out of every ten cases o...
5 Answers About Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma
Squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) is the second most common form of skin cancer, after basal cell carcinoma. It is also known as cutaneous squamous cell c...
What do I need to know to care for someone with squamous cell carcinoma?
To care for someone with squamous cell carcinoma, help support them both physically and emotionally....
How is Bowen's disease related to squamous cell carcinoma?
Bowen's disease, also called squamous cell carcinoma in situ or intraepidermal squamous cell carcino...