How do I manage my squamous cell carcinoma on a daily basis?

Managing your squamous cell carcinoma on a daily basis begins with treatment. Once you've been treated, it's important to check in with your doctor regularly to make sure the cancer hasn't come back or spread. It's also very important to continue checking your own skin frequently, especially in the area where the cancer originally occurred. Protect your skin from the sun with sunscreen and protective clothing. Taking care of your overall health is important for managing squamous cell carcinoma, so eat a balanced diet and don't smoke. Care for your emotional health, too, by taking advantage of resources like counseling, support groups, and friends and family.

Continue Learning about Squamous Cell Carcinoma

4 Resources for Patients With cSCC
4 Resources for Patients With cSCC
Cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma, or cSCC, is the second-most common type of skin cancer, and accounts for approximately two out of every ten cases o...
Systemic Therapies for Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma
Cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma (cSCC) is a type of skin cancer that begins in the squamous cells found in the outer layers of the skin. In most cas...
How can I best care for someone with spindle cell squamous cell carcinoma?
Caring for someone with spindle cell squamous cell carcinoma involves supporting them both physicall...
Should I talk to my doctor about my squamous cell carcinoma symptoms?
If you notice symptoms of squamous cell carcinoma, you should talk to your doctor. Symptoms are ofte...